Placefirst strive to provide excellent service during the application process and the residents journey and we receive very few complaints, however, we understand that occasionally things may not go according to plan. If you wish to submit a formal complaint to Placefirst, please read and follow the below process.
- Submit your formal complaint in writing, either via email to [email protected] or by a letter to Resident Services Team, Suite 7.1, 8 Exchange Quay, Salford M5 3EJ.
- Once received, your formal complaint will be acknowledged within 2 working days via email or letter depending on the method you issued your complaint.
- A detailed investigation of your complaint will be completed, including examining documentation, processes and any evidence you have provided. This investigation will take no more than 10 working days and you will receive a formal written response once completed.
- On receipt of the formal response, you are invited to make any comments you may have, and we hope that a resolution can be reached at this time.
- If you remain dissatisfied with the formal response, your comments can be escalated to the Head of Resident Services at your request. A ‘Complaint Referral for Head of Services’ form will be provided to you, to be completed and returned to Placefirst. The previous formal response and all aspects of the investigation will be reviewed.
- Once your completed referral form has been received, the Head of Resident Services will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days and commence their thorough investigation.
- The Head of Resident Services will investigate your complaint and all previous steps taken during this process and issue a formal response within 10 working days on your referral form being acknowledged.
- If you still remain dissatisfied with the resolution and would like to further escalate your complaint, you may then request for the complaint to be referred to the Customer Experience Director.
- The Customer Experience Director will acknowledge your complaint within five working days upon receipt and will undertake a full review of your complaint, including how it has been handled by the Resident Services Team and the Head of Resident Services, which may also include further investigation into the background of your concerns. Within 10 working days from receipt of your letter, the Customer Experience Director will detail their findings and recommendations in a written response to confirm ‘our final view point’ on the matter.
- After you have received our final viewpoint letter, if you are not satisfied with the proposed resolution, you may approach the Property Redress Scheme (PRS). Details of how to do this are contained within the final viewpoint letter alongside a link to the Property Redress Scheme (PRS) consumer guide at https://www.theprs.co.uk/Consumer
Please note before making a complaint to the Property Redress Scheme, the following must occur:
- You have written to complain about the matter and allowed a minimum of 8 weeks for a response
- If you have not received a response after 8 weeks or you are unhappy with the response you have received, your complaint must be made to the Property Redress Scheme within 6 months of your final viewpoint letter.
- It is important to note that the Property Redress Scheme (PRS) will not consider your complaint until our internal complaints’ procedure has been exhausted.